Kanopy is now live! Kanopy is a streaming video service making quality documentaries, feature films, foreign films and training videos available to public library users. Kanopy offers access to a large, curated catalog of over 30,000 educational, entertaining, and enriching films for adults and children.
Films can be streamed via glpld.kanopy.com or by downloading the Kanopy mobile app for iOS, Amazon Fire, Android, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast or Firestick.
To access Kanopy:
- go to glpld.kanopy.com
- enter your GLPLD barcode number (available to GLPLD cardholders only)
- create your account
- check your email to verify your account
Each patron (including you) gets 5 credits to use each month.
With your subscription, you have access to:
- Kanopy kids (unlimited access each month, no credits necessary to use). Login to Kanopy and click the “Go to Kanopy Kids” link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Streaming Movies (up to 5/month, 1 credit/movie)
- Great Courses (a maximum of 2 courses/month, no credits necessary to use. Each course has several modules!)
The number of credits will appear in the upper right corner of the page (in the red box) after you log in. Once all 5 credits are used, patrons must wait until the following month (on the 1st) when credits are replenished (to 5).